Saturday 31 March 2012

Whole Wheat Walnut Waffles


Woah, that is a lot of Ws in a row! The other day, El told me about some post-run waffles she had, then that made me really want some. So I made some for my breakfast. I actually went for a very early morning run, then brought a waffle in my breakfast to school. So I ended up having my own post-run waffle! They were really good. I had made them before with Shawn, and they were great. We got the recipe from www.preventionrd.com. They are also healthy given the whole wheat waffles, and walnuts. It adds a little extra crunch. I also had extra lentil puree that I added in. So far, I've had them a few different ways, topped with applesauce, yogurt (trust me, this works), and with almond butter and jam.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/4 cup walnuts
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1/2 cup lentil puree


  • Mix together all of the dry ingredients. 
  • Whisk together the wet ingredients.
  • Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together until all of the dry ingredients are just moistened. 
  • Make waffles according to directions. 
  • You could also make pancakes with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment