Wednesday 29 February 2012

Quinoa salad

When I was in Ottawa over reading week (and I really did do work!), I met up with E, and we made some awesome healthy cookies, and this quinoa salad. 
It was from something I had posted on Pinterest a while ago, and forgot about. Since the cookies had quinoa in them, we decided to just make a bit more quinoa and try making this recipe at the same time. E really wanted to try it, and said she had all the ingredients, which really meant that she had quinoa, dill and goat cheese, but we worked around it and found colorful vegetables to add to it and make it pretty!
I was adapted from the Rainbow Quinoa from KathEats. 




Ingredients 
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 tomato
1/2 avocado
1/2 log of goat cheese
3/4 cup carrots

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 heaping tsp mustard (ok, I honestly read it wrong when I made it, and put 1 tbsp of mustard, and it was WAY too mustardy, but I'm sure it would be fine with 1tsp!)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp fresh dill

Bring the water to a boil, add the quinoa, and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until ready. Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and goat cheese. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl for the dressing, and pour it over the quinoa and vegetables. Mix, and enjoy. 
I've actually also put it over spring salad mix, and it turns out to be pretty good that way also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment